Thursday 10 February 2022

JOB OPPORTUNITIES - APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 9 APRIL 2022

INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS 

The West African Health Organization (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) charged with leadership and coordination of health improvement programs across the ECOWAS region. WAHO is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the under-listed vacant positions. Interested applicants are advised to visit www.wahooas.org or www.ecowas.int to download the relevant Job Description as well as the Job Application Form. All applications must be sent electronically to the email address specified for each post, and must include a Cover Letter of not more than one page on the motivation for applying, a completed Job Application Form, a signed current Curriculum Vitae, and a certified copy of Birth Certificate. 

GENERAL CONDITIONS 

Candidates must be ECOWAS citizens and must not be more than 50 years of age at the time of recruitment (the age criteria does not apply to internal candidates). Submitted documents will not be returned; and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisting and interview processes shall be based on the ECOWAS Staff Regulations. Closing date for Applications: 9 April 2022

1. VN91 PROGRAM OFFICER, PHARMACY & ALLIED HEALTH 

QUALIFICATIONS 

A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Pharmacy or Nursing or Medical Science or any Allied Health Sciences from a recognized university. Candidates must have at least 5 years of progressive responsible experience in the implementation of healthcare programs. An understanding of the issues regarding human resources for health in the ECOWAS region, a knowledge of quality assurance standards and an ability to manage relationship with partner organizations, Ministries of Health and other relevant regulatory bodies. 

DUTIES 

Under the supervision of the PPO Human Resources for Health, the incumbent shall update course modules as well as lead the development and standardisation of training (basic and post-basic) curriculums within the region. S/he shall advocate for the development of the Pharmacy and Allied Health Profession and collaborate with training institutions and bodies such as the West African Postgraduate College of Pharmacists (WAPCP) to promote high quality training of Pharmacists and Allied Health professionals in the region. 

2. VN92 PROGRAM OFFICER, TRADITIONAL MEDICINE 

QUALIFICATIONS 

A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Pharmacy or Nursing or Medical Science or any of the Allied Health Sciences from a recognized university. Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience in the implementation of healthcare programs, a sound knowledge of quality assurance standards in the ECOWAS region and an ability to manage relationships with partner organizations, Ministries of Health and other relevant regulatory bodies to foster cooperation. 

DUTIES 

Under the supervision of the PPO Healthcare Delivery, the incumbent shall lead and effectively coordinate the Traditional Medicine (TM) program at WAHO and support ECOWAS Member States to integrate it in their health systems. The incumbent shall be required to consolidate the gains made and introduce other innovative activities, particularly in the areas of harmonization of national policies and regulatory frameworks, development of training tools for TM practitioners and other health professionals, promotion of dialogue between TM practitioners and conventional medicine practitioners, promotion of research and development of plant medicines, conservation of medicinal plants and protection of indigenous knowledge. 

3. VN93 PROGRAM OFFICER, NURSING & MIDWIFERY 

QUALIFICATIONS 

A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Pharmacy or Nursing or Medical Science or any Allied Health Sciences from a recognized university. Candidates must have at least 5 years of progressive responsible experience in the implementation of healthcare programs. An understanding of the issues regarding human resources for health in the ECOWAS region, a knowledge of quality assurance standards and an ability to manage relationship with partner organizations, Ministries of Health and other relevant regulatory bodies. 

DUTIES 

Under the supervision of the PPO, Human Resources for Health, the incumbent shall organise workshops, seminars and course modules updates, engage in the certification processes for nurses at basic and post basic levels, and assist in the development of the curriculum for Nursing and Midwifery training across the region. S/he should produce a monthly journal on nursing activities in the region and will work closely with training institutions including the West African College of Nursing (WACN) to promote high quality training of nurses and midwives. 

4. VN94 PROGRAM OFFICER, HEALTHCARE STANDARDS & QUALITY 

QUALIFICATIONS 

A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Pharmacy or Nursing or Medical Science or any of the Allied Health Sciences from a recognized university. Candidates must have at least 5 years’ progressive experience in the implementation of healthcare programs, a sound knowledge of noncommunicable disease strategies, and an understanding of quality assurance standards in the ECOWAS region. He/she should be able to manage relationships with partner organizations, Ministries of Health and other relevant regulatory bodies. 

DUTIES 

Under the supervision of the PPO Healthcare Delivery, the incumbent shall be responsible for developing a region wide health facilities quality assurance programs, and promoting patient safety and risk management programs. He/she shall direct the efforts of all the performance improvement initiatives to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards. This role shall involve working independently and collaboratively with other Program Officers to ensure the establishment of quality healthcare standards and clinical risk frameworks. 

5. VN95 PROGRAM OFFICER, RESEARCH – Industries & Third Sector 

6. VN96 PROGRAM OFFICER, RESEARCH – Academic Institutions 

QUALIFICATIONS (for VN. 95 & VN. 96) 

A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Pharmacy or Nursing or Medical Science or any Allied Health Sciences from a recognized university. Candidates must have at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in management and implementation of public health programs or in public health research. Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the health needs and problems in the ECOWAS Member States, and a knowledge of the epidemiology of the recurrent infectious diseases and other threats to regional health security. 

DUTIES (for VN. 95 & VN. 96) 

Under the supervision of the PPO Research and Grants, each appointee shall be responsible for the linkage of WAHO with “Industries and Third sector” (VN. 95) or with “Academic Institutions” (VN. 96) as appropriate on the following aspects: (i) development and implementation of regional research programs in WAHO’s areas of interest, (ii) development and the implementation of the Regional Research Capacity Strengthening, and (iii) dissemination, synthesizing and translation of research results into policy and practices. 

7. VN98 PROCUREMENT OFFICER 

QUALIFICATIONS 

Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Finance or a related field from a recognized university. Candidates must have 5 years of relevant experience in all areas of Administration, Financial Management, Accounting, and Project Management that are relevant to Procurement functions. S/he must demonstrate professional competence and mastery of the subject matter, and an ability to provide technical advice on a broad range of administrative, financial and accounting areas related to Procurements. A knowledge of ECOWAS Financial Regulations and Procurement Code will be an advantage. 

DUTIES 

Under the supervision of the PPO, Administration & Human Resources, the Procurement Officer has the responsibility to manage the routine procurement activities of the organization from the preparation of tender requests, opening of bids, establishment of purchase orders and monitoring of the delivery of goods, works and services 

8. VN99 GENERAL ADMISTRATIVE OFFICER 

QUALIFICATIONS 

Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration or a related field from a recognized university. Candidate must have 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Administration, Public Administration or a related area. Candidates should possess a demonstrated ability to use basic SAP/MM modules to carry out administrative functions, including basic data entry, extraction and interpretation, and be familiar with administrative and financial policies and procedures related to government or international organizations. He/she should have an understanding of ECOWAS Financial, Administrative and Procurement Regulations and Procedures. 

DUTIES 

Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, the General Administrative Officer shall play an active role in the overall organization, management and delivery of office support services by ensuring smooth operation of ongoing administrative functions across WAHO including the creation of a conducive work environment, promotion of health and safety practices, assets and facilities management, information storing and retrieval systems, etc. 

21 comments:

  1. I just want to say Thank You to everyone who supported me through the years. My name is Manuel Franco, New Berlin, Wisconsin. My story of how I won the Powerball lottery of $768.4M is a bit of a tale. I have been playing Powerball tickets for 6 years now since I turned 18. I bought my first ticket on my 18 birthday. I was feeling very lucky that day because I had contacted Dr. Odunga to help me with the winning Powerball numbers. I really had that great great feeling that I looked at the camera wanting to wink at it. I only did a tiny part of it and trusted him. He gave me the numbers after I played a couple other tickets along with it for $10. I checked my ticket after the winnings came online and saw the numbers were correct including the Power play. I screamed for about 10 minutes because it felt like a dream. I had won $768.4M. You can check my winning testimony with the lottery officials just with my name search. Thank you Dr. Odunga. Well, his email is odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and you can also call or Whats-app him at +2348167159012 so you guys can contact him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Olu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Olu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Olu , I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Olu did it for me, contact him on WhatsApp at +2348140654426 or email him on drolusolutionhome@gmail.com for more information

      Delete
    2. I TESTED POSITIVE FOR HSV-2 A FEW MONTHS AGO.
      At first, Yes, I was devastated thinking I have an incurable STD for life. After doing hours of research I quickly realized genital herpes is a filthy parasite that just likes to hide in your body. Yes, There’s no “medical cure” but that doesn’t mean your body can’t get rid of it. I literally flush it out of my system with the help of Doctor Azuka, A natural herbal medicine which I ordered after doing some research. And now I’m HSV-2 negative, I never believed it until my doctor finally gave me the test results and behold I was HSV-2 free. I’m so glad that I found you, Doctor Azuka. Thanks so much for your goodness I’m grateful. You can also get your help from him through his
      Email } dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com
      WhatsApp } +2349166175418

      Delete
  2. All thanks to Mr Anderson Carl for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $2,570 in a week from an initial investment of just $200. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson Carl now on Whatsapp: +1(252)285-2093 Email: andersoncarlassettrade@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 666 JOIN ILLUMINATI GROUP [+2349033732109] ONLINE I want to join the illuminati //+2349033732109)//brotherhood for money ... Join Illuminati For Free | Illuminati Gives Wealth | Fame And Powers whatsapp to become illuminati member and have a happy life
      666 JOIN ILLUMINATI GROUP [+2349033732109] ONLINE I want to join the illuminati for money ... Join Illuminati For Free | Illuminati Gives Wealth | Fame And Powers whatsapp +2349033732109 to become illuminati member and have a happy life.

      https://www.facebook.com/

      Reply

      Delete
  3. 🌿🌿 This is how i get cure from cancer i was diagnosed of cancer and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw in a health forum about a herbal medicine doctor who have medications to cure all kind of diseases including cancer, at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when I contacted Dr. Azuka and he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via. DHL delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he directed me on how to take the medicine which i did to God be the glory, l was totally cure of the deadly disease called cancer, all thanks to 👇👇

    WhatsApp +2349166175418

    Email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 666 JOIN ILLUMINATI GROUP [+2349033732109] ONLINE I want to join the illuminati //+2349033732109)//brotherhood for money ... Join Illuminati For Free | Illuminati Gives Wealth | Fame And Powers whatsapp to become illuminati member and have a happy life
      666 JOIN ILLUMINATI GROUP [+2349033732109] ONLINE I want to join the illuminati for money ... Join Illuminati For Free | Illuminati Gives Wealth | Fame And Powers whatsapp +2349033732109 to become illuminati member and have a happy life.

      https://www.facebook.com/

      Reply

      Delete
  4. I have been suffering from Human papillomavirus (HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr Ehimare is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr Ehimare, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr Ehimare with the email attach to my post. drehimare3@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2347013673212

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about wonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus).I was positive to the deadly virus called herpes and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends. i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for Herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so i decided to contact the same herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 days! i used the med as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i am so happy! thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me!and if you need his help, you can email him on drehimare3@gmail.com, or whatsapp +2347013673212 I,m neme amber and you can get in touch with me via drehimare3@gmail.com..Contact him for help at Herpes virus HIV/AIDS CANCER COPD BRAIN TUMOR All kind of virus and disease Dr Ehimare herbal medicine is the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW I GOT A LOAN FOR MY BUSINESS
    Hi everyone, I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Steve Wilson Loan firm. Honestly I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to 500,000 Euro, which I requested for business. This is really good news and I am so happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email: stevewilsonloanfirm@gmail.com or LINE ID: 3091140693 There are legit loan lenders!
    They are able to lend you a loan.
    Contact Mr Steve Wilson.
    E-mail: stevewilsonloanfirm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How on earth can I ever forget about DOCTOR KHAM? Never! That's impossible because I'll forever keep testifying about doctor Kham and his marvelous job he's done in my life. He's the very best of Herbal doctors who still exists.... I'm saying all of this simply because DR. KHAM recently got me cured from herpes simplex virus, the (HSV-2) in particular with his super effective herbal medicine he prepared and shipped to me via UPS which I drank for just Two weeks. God is so wonderful. At last! I'm cured and totally free from Herpes Disease. Thank you so much doctor Kham for curing me. His Website is https://herbal-dr-kham.jimdosite.com/ God bless you! For help in eradicating your herpes forever! and getting cured within just two weeks just the way I got rid of mine, you can contact Dr. Kham on Email: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com You can also call/WhatsApp Him on +2348159922297 or +2349069010278

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no problem without a solution, Today God has used herbalist Dr. Kham to solve my problem with his herbal medicine, I was diagnosed with Herpes virus 2 years ago, And i was told it has no cure and i have to be on drugs to control the outbreak or symptoms, This break my heart because i hate drugs, This made me started looking for ways and means to get this virus out of my body, and i started making research and one day i came across a lady who was sharing testimony how Dr. Kham Cure her from Herpes Virus, Hearing this news Gladys my heart and i quickly collected the contact of the doctor she posted and message him, And after telling him all my problems he said he can help me and told me the cost of the medicine and then i send him my address. This makes it Three weeks now that I have finished taking his treatment and have done two different tests and all came out Negative and I'm now living a normal life free from drugs. You can also contact this Herbalist Dr. Kham for any health issues or challenges for solution. Here are his Information, Email Address: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2348159922297, Here is his Website: https://herbal-dr-kham.jimdosite.com/ Congratulations as you find solutions to all your health problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 666 JOIN ILLUMINATI GROUP [+2349033732109] ONLINE I want to join the illuminati //+2349033732109)//brotherhood for money ... Join Illuminati For Free | Illuminati Gives Wealth | Fame And Powers whatsapp to become illuminati member and have a happy life
    666 JOIN ILLUMINATI GROUP [+2349033732109] ONLINE I want to join the illuminati for money ... Join Illuminati For Free | Illuminati Gives Wealth | Fame And Powers whatsapp +2349033732109 to become illuminati member and have a happy life.

    https://www.facebook.com/

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  10. 666 JOIN ILLUMINATI GROUP [+2349033732109] ONLINE I want to join the illuminati //+2349033732109)//brotherhood for money ... Join Illuminati For Free | Illuminati Gives Wealth | Fame And Powers whatsapp to become illuminati member and have a happy life
    666 JOIN ILLUMINATI GROUP [+2349033732109] ONLINE I want to join the illuminati for money ... Join Illuminati For Free | Illuminati Gives Wealth | Fame And Powers whatsapp +2349033732109 to become illuminati member and have a happy life.

    https://www.facebook.com/

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  11. Psoriasis disease is said to have no cure, just as i was told by my family doctor  be cured but can be controlled and make your Psoriasis ody flare-ups, Although i was a very stubborn person i never believed in what my doctor told me about psoriasis disease having no cure Am a very honest person who believe in nature and i also believed that there could be cure somewhere in the world, I kept my faith so strong and kept on doing my research till i finally came across Dr. Kham on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/drkhamnaturalremedies/ from west Africa He is one of the oldest herbalists after Dr. Sebi and total am a living testimony to his herbal cure to psoriasis disease, I became psoriasis disease Negative after using the herbal medication Dr. Kham mailed me along with the prescriptions and today it's been 2 months  and psoriasis disease is not traceable in my body system, A diagnosis of psoriasis disease is not the end of the world, but women should know where they stand. I Will encourage testing for all sexually active women. If you suspect you may have had exposure to the psoriasis disease, You should Reach out to herbalist Dr. Kham for an evaluation and permanent cure in two weeks. Dr. Kham is here to answer all your questions and discuss a long-term management strategy that will eradicate this psoriasis disease permanently in two weeks, All thanks To Dr. Kham For More Info on how to get cured, Contact Dr. Kham now on his Gmail: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or Send him a message ICQ APP/WhatsApp with his phone number: +2348159922297 or visit his Website https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba Dr. Kham Herbal Medicine is 100% guaranteed in curing any diseases/virus with no side Effects

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to share an amazing testimony of how Dr. Kham was able to cure me totally from Herpes Simplex Virus, I saw Dr. Kham Information online that he normally cure and treat disease and infirmities with his Herbal Medicine, I never really believed the people who where recommending him though I saw on blog about 5 people where also testifying on how they were cured by Dr. Kham, I decided to give a try and I hoped to myself that something good was going to come out from it, I told Dr Kham about my HERPES VIRUS and he told me he was going to send me some herbal medicine he requested for some few personal information from me and he said he was going to make use of it in order to prepare the medicine, After 2 days in communication with Dr. Kham he prepared the Herbal Medicine and sent it to me, I used this medicine for approximately 3 weeks and today I am HERPES Free I am totally cured from HERPES, Friends this is so true and I urge you to try out, you can reach Dr. Kham at dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com call him on WhatsApp +234815992297. Thank you Dr. Kham.  

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOW I GOT CURED FROM HPV VIRUS I was diagnosed of HPV Virus in 3months a go and I have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man  prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including  cancer, HERPES virus, PENIS ENLARGEMENT,,how to get pregnant, ETC at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try , when i contact this herbalist via his email and he prepared a HPV herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was totally cured of this deadly disease within 14 days of usage, I am now free from the deadly disease called HPV, all thanks to Dr DADA. Contact this great herbal doctor via Whatsapp his +2348167428084 OR drdadaherbalcentre7@gmail.com or visit his website https://drdadaherbalcentre.wixsite.com/drdadaspecialremedie

    ReplyDelete

  15. I’m so happy to testify of the good work of Dr DADA, I have suffered from Herpes virus since 2020 and I had frequent symptoms in my private area, after some time it will go away after using acyclovir drugs, then come back after some months. it was disheartening since i have been diagnosed, but after finding Dr DADA and his reviews i was convinced that he will definitely cure me and so i contacted him and he told me how to get his herbal medicine and using it for just 14 days and i will go and check up and first i said how can that be possible but i used his herbal medicine after making purchase and truly i used it and went for the test again, and my result came back negative. So I made it a task to share this good testimony on the internet so that those sick can benefit and get cured, here is dr dada Whatsapp number +2348167428084 OR drdadaherbalcentre7@gmail.com or visit his website https://drdadaherbalcentre.wixsite.com/drdadaspecialremedie

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is no problem without a solution, Today God has used herbalist Dr. Kendis to solve my problem with his herbal medicine, I was diagnosed with Herpes virus 5 years ago, And i was told it has no cure and i have to be on drugs to control the outbreak or symptoms, This break my heart because i hate drugs, This made me started looking for ways and means to get this virus out of my body, and i started making research and one day i came across a lady who was sharing testimony how Dr. Kendis Cure her from Herpes Virus, Hearing this news Gladys my heart and i quickly collected the contact of the doctor she posted and message him, And after telling him all my problems he said he can help me and told me the cost of the medicine and then i send him my address. This makes it Three weeks now that I have finished taking his treatment and have done two different tests and all came out Negative and I'm now living a normal life free from drugs. You can also contact this Herbalist Dr. Kendis for any health issues or challenges for solution. Here are his Information, Email Address: dr.kendiscaregiver@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2347057881342, you can also visit his website https://drkendisherbalhome.simdif.com | Congratulations as you find solutions to all your health problems. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089184252004

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was the world crushing down on me, I was almost loosing it all until I stumbled on Dr Ogudugu on YouTube. He helped me with the herbal remedy that set me free from the cruel hand of the nasty virus known as herpes simplex virus(HSV). He gave me my life back and it like a new life.

    ReplyDelete

Kindly let us have your general or specific comment(s) below.